Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fancy Food Show 2012-Highlights

I have to say I was fairly impressed this year. I managed to avoid most of the scary, dye filled unpronounceable stuff, so I must say a hearty 'yay' to that! I came across more than one product that I would willing buy. Some of them are fairly well known and others totally new. I was also really excited to see so many people finally coming to the dark side of spices and using Cardamom! I have been a cardamom addict for years and so I adored Three Twins Cardamom Ice Cream (also really, their Lemon Cookie!), Helliemae's Cardamom caramels and Numi's Cardamom Pu-erh.

I know Lemonaise has been around for quite a while, but I honestly have never tried them before today. Now that I have, I can see this be a product I'd like to have around. I adore lemon so the richness and the lemon combined are a real winner for me. On the new product tip, I went out of my way to find the Almond water because I was quite curious. I agree with their own words: refreshing!

I had the chance to try the new Kerrygold premium butter, which is quite lovely. And for all you low fat fans, they have a reduced fat version which doesn't lack flavor. A highlight for me was the fun family behind SchoolHouse Kitchen. They actually engaged me on Twitter, which I loved, and when I showed up to see them they were so friendly and had super tasty offerings! I love their Ginger Lime Vinaigrette, the orange & Chili chutney and the Cherry Blackberry Jam. Mmmmm....jam.

Speaking of fruit filled goodness, I also loved the sunshine of Fran's1941 Apricot Magic from La Bonita and the jams from Tropical Fruit Stand, including the surprising (because I don't really like them) Banana, Passion Fruit and Pineapple.

I also adored Sonoma Brinery because pickles are a weakness of mine though I rarely buy them. These however may have a permanent place in my fridge alongside the pulp filled Blue Monkey coconut water. Fresh, clean and no bitter aftertaste makes this a good choice.

Last but not least, I was happy to see an old favorite roll out two new flavors. Plush Puffs has a mango marshmallow and a cherry chocolate marshmallow now and I gotta say, that chocolate cherry really hot the spot! I will be writing about some more good finds soon, so stayed tuned!


3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer so I could taste the things in your fridge! I've never bought cardamom before, but it's on my list of new spices to buy since hubby just bought me wonderful new spice racks. I just started using curry powder last year, and I'm going to be looking for some good garam masala, too. You're going to have to point me in the direction of some good cardamom inspired recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!