Monday, May 17, 2010

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

My Nana loved white chocolate and had some special dietary needs that inspired me to create this recipe for her. Originally I used soy butter, but if you are watching your salt intake, I suggest using salt free butter or shortening.

4 oz White Chocolate (I like El Rey)
4 oz Peanut Butter
10 oz butter or shortening
8 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups brown sugar
2 c flour

preheat oven to 325 F and grease and parchment a 1/2 sheet pan.

 Melt chocolate and peanut butter smooth, set aside. Beat eggs, salt and sugar until fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour and don't over mix!

Pour onto sheet pan and bake 18-20 min or until a knife comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Going to try these this weekend! they sound fantastic and I love El Rey white chocolate! Don't have any though. Do have some Divine white chocolate which is...well...Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Divine should work just fine! If you ever have the chance though, the El Rey melts into such a beautiful creamy mass, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!