|This is me. Hello!|
Last year I met some of the most amazing people ever in the history of the planet. And the best part is that I have become very good friends with some of them in real time and the rest on Twitter.
If you aren't a member of Foodbuzz, I think you are missing out.
Being a part of a community of food lover's who write about food, eat food and really sincerely care about the food they eat is such a fantastic experience. In this life we don't always get opportunities to meet like minded people. So this is one that should be taken advantage of.
Last year we took classes, we ate, we drank, we photographed everything! We laughed, we chatted and we meet some remarkable people who wanted to teach us some great new stuff.
I am excited because have since made new friends who are coming for Foodbuzz and because Heather, who was ill last year, actually gets to come and have fun this time around too!! YEAH!!!! And she introduced me to Laura, who will help me lovingly terrorize, should it come to that.
My little-sister-friend Tracy will be there this year, as will Jerry, Elise, & Crystal and Amir, and that is only the beginning!
Now, if you are coming to the Fest, here are some things you need to know:
1) Get ready to meet a lot of people. No, really, a lot.
2) Bring plenty of business cards. No, really. Plenty.
3) I know its been unseasonably warm but bring warm clothes. This is San Francisco, not L.A. We have microclimates and you will freeze if you decide to wear shorts and a tank top in November. And it happens pretty suddenly too!
4) Drink plenty of water. We are on the go from Friday night. We are made up of water. Hence staying hydrated will help you keep with the whirlwind pace.
5) Relax. Smile. If you feel to shy to say hello, but you are smiling, it makes you more approachable.
6) Learn. Laugh. Live. Life is short. How about this weekend, you maybe taking yourself a touch less seriously and just really enjoy these moments? I promise it will be worth it.
Okay, well that is all for now, and I say, you look fantastic today! See you this weekend.