Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Tribute

My show for this weekend is all about my father: without him, I wouldn't be the witty, lovely, obnoxious foodie that you know and love.

My dad was, as many father's are, flawed. After losing both of his sons' to divorce, he made a decision to be the best and most active dad he could.

We often hold grudges and blame our parents for everything that goes wrong, but we have to bear in mind that they truly do the best that they can with what they have.

My dad, I think, raised a great kid. Thanks for listening to the show today and Happy Father's day!

NOTE: this post is from last year but it all still stands. I was lucky: my dad chose me and I am so lucky he did. I cannot imagine my life without him and would never want to. Losing him was rough, but I was blessed to have had him.

Happy father's day, daddy, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!