Saturday, June 26, 2010

Espresso White Chocolate Brownies

As a pastry chef, I have been known to invent new ways to torture myself.


One way was to spend my spare time inventing new treats for my adopted Parisian Nana.


As you can imagine, she was hard to impress! Luckily, I tapped into her favorite things and got very inventive.


This recipe was one I came up with in December of ‘04, just before I became a grill cook and lost my mind.



Espresso White Chocolate Brownies

4 oz white chocolate (I like El Rey)
1/2 c butter
*melt in double boiler until smooth, set aside.

Preheat oven to 325 F. and prep your baking sheet. Use a half sheet pan to layer parchment over lapping edges for easy removal. set aside.

Combine:
2 c sugar
2 tsp espresso extract
4 large eggs

Once combined, stir in into cooled chocolate (it has to be cooled or your eggs will curdle)

Fold in 1 c all purpose flour and 1c chopped nuts (your choice. I used hazelnuts)

Pour into prepped pan & spread evenly. Bake on center rack for approx 25 min, then cut into squares and enjoy!

Liked this recipe, changed it up? Email me @ mailto:luna@lunaraven.comto tell me all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!