Friday, June 4, 2010

Amor Y Tacos: Carne Asada and Pico de Gallo

Amor Y Tacos is a beautiful book. I am excited to try more recipes from it, but until then, I have created one wonderful meal that will most certainly be repeated in my house.

I used the Carne Asada Marinade*:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon soy sauce

I let it sit overnight in the marinade and then I cooked until medium and sliced it thin.

*the recipe calls for 4 garlic cloves, which I didn't have. I will make sure to use them in the future as without them, the marinade is a little bland. However, it is perfectly paired with potato tacos!

For two people you need 2 large or 4 small potatoes. Boil and when cooked through, add butter, salt, pepper and just a touch of milk or half and half. Smash with a fork and fill flour tortillas, and fry until crispy.

serve with the Carne Asada and Pico de Gallo:

2 large roma tomatoes,
1/2 cup red onion
torn cilantro leaves
salt to taste
juice of 1/2 a lime

Combine all ingrediants together and let sit so it melds. This is actually fast, easy and satisfying. Also, if you want crispy tacos without frying, brush the outside of the tortilla, fill and bake until crispy.


*All portions are for two people*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!