Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luna's Kitchen Magic: growing pains

The hardest problems I have had with LKM are sort of silly; one has been time. The other is a two fold problem of finding both my voice and inspiration.

Before I went to school to beome a pastry chef, I was baking and cooking a lot at home. Once you are a working chef that changes dramatically. Between being tired and all of the people who would be so happy to taste test for you yet never want to pay, the world of being a chef can be a draining one.

No matter how much you do it for love, we do live in a society that requires money.

I have moved more towards the writing side of things, which is no real surprise as I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I love writing about food, even though sometimes the inspiration and ideas are just not there.

I have taken some wonderful classes, many of which are not practical for someone with a) not a lot of disposable income and b) a tiny apartment. I feel though, as is I have finally got my footing and can move forward with the sort of grace I like to exude but don't always feel.

So, what would you like to see more of? And what are your brilliant ideas on making it happen? I am open and ready to listen, so please feel free to share with me.

Oh and make sure you pop in two days. March 18 begins a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Please feel free to share your thoughts!